Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Kobe drops some pounds to preserve knees

By Matthew Shovlin, FanIQ


Team USA shooting guard and all-time Laker great Kobe Bryant has reportedly lost 16 pounds in preparation for the Olympics this summer.

"With summer basketball leading directly into the season - and I'm expecting to play until next June - I have to take some load off my knees," Kobe said. "I've got to shave some of this weight."

It will be interesting to see how the change in weight affects his play. My guess is that he'll be just as spectacular as usual, but it's interesting to consider the times when weight change has backfired. Knicks' forward Amar'e Stoudemire gained 20 pounds last season in an attempt to become more of a menace in the post, but it resulted in a loss of elevation and struggles with his jump shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment