Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Kobe Bryant Opens Up on Retirement, Phil Jackson, Dismissed Sexual Assault Charges and Shaquille O'Neal

By Graham Bensinger, Huffington Post

I recently sat down with five-time NBA champion Kobe Bryant. The interview is for a new episode of In Depth. In his only extensive interview leading up to the 2012 London Olympics, the Los Angeles Lakers' All-Star opens up about the likelihood he will retire soon. Bryant speaks extensively about how his dismissed 2003 sexual assault charges impacted him personally. The former Most Valuable Player also talks about his feud with Shaquille O'Neal and his relationship with former Lakers coach Phil Jackson.

Highlights:

Kobe Bryant discusses the possibility of retiring after the 2013-14 season: "I've been playing for 17 years now, so next year will be my 17th and then, when I'm 35, it will be my 18th year in the league. I mean that's a long time to be playing. It will be the last year in my contract, so I don't know. I don't know if I'll play any longer than that."

Watch clip:

No comments:

Post a Comment